Wednesday, May 27, 2015

"Keep your eyes on your own paper" Building up vs tearing down 5/27/15

Dear actor, writer, producer, director, musician, human being,

 Keep your eyes on your own paper. Yes, you should know what is happening in the world and in the industry and things your colleagues are doing... your job is to finish your own assignment and take your own journey. Don't be concerned about someone else's progress if you are coming from a point of frustration, jealousy or envy.

sincerely,
The other side

There is a saying that there are two ways to make yourself feel bigger and taller.

1. You can either work on your own self and build yourself up

or

2. You can tear everyone else around you down.

In reality, the first choice is your only option.  I've seen jealousy and envy directed at me and my friends for our successes, and we're all human, I admit it, I have felt pangs of jealousy and envy when I view others succeeding from time to time. However, what separates one person from the next is what they do when those inclinations arise. Does someone else's success re-affirm to you that success is possible for everyone, including you, and move you to improving yourself and your situation or does their success cause you to lash out or become depressed and quit?

You only have control over your own actions and how you respond and react to others.

Life is too short to be tearing others around you down to make yourself feel better. Tearing others down wastes your power, your time and your life force and won't encourage others to interact with you.

People will always remember how you treated them, and how you made them feel. You may not choose to work with others or they may not choose to work with you, but this is a collaborative business, life and entertainment. Be encouraging of others as you go through your own journey, and keep your eyes on your own work

Break a leg.

Be well,
Vincent


My name is Vincent Veloso. I am a writer, producer, director, actor and musician and martial artist. I have worn many hats in my career, learned some things, still learning, but in this blog, I will be addressing my experience and insights making films and music... stories from casting to wrap party... the good, the bad, the really bad and the ugly.... and the really ungood.

I never use real names, and many times I address my concerns on the day directly to people in real time. I point out my own missteps  just as much if not more because I have been that actor/writer/producer/director who has made the same gaffes just as much if not more. Hopefully as I address the circumstances,  others can gain valuable insight, through story and my experiences, it will give people help. It is not meant to be mean spirited, but like all subjective commentary and blogs, and many other existing advice and commentary articles, I understand that audience perception is subjective and do hope you know that I hope to help others.

imdb.me/vincentveloso
vimeo.com/ondemand/changelingstheseries
facebook.com/changelingstheseries
facebook.com/cenotaphtheseries
dearactorfromtheotherside.blogspot.com/

© 2015 Vincent Veloso, Xavmax Multimedia Productions L.L.C. All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment